Tuesday, June 30, 2009

News

Just over a week ago, the Canyon Lodge kitchen (which they told us is the tenth largest kitchen in the US) got five fancy new stoves for $30,000 each.  They have little computers, along with their own temperature probes that go in the food.  When the food reaches the right internal temperature, the machine recognizes it and tells the humans.  We are still in the early stages leading to the robot revolution.

Meanwhile, I got my new 3 ounce, auto-igniting Snow Peak GigaPower backpacking stove in the mail a few days ago (on sale and for far less than $30,000).  I was so excited that I told everyone I saw (to Hilary's eventual annoyance).  Yesterday my 7 ounce skillet came, so we'll be able to make pancakes and fried eggs on our next trip.

This weblog has now been featured twice in the online Yellowstone Newspaper's opinions pieces section, once on June 5th and once on June 21st.  If you want, you can follow the link to the paper, then follow the paper's link back to the blog.

I don't like when I'm serving breakfast and have this conversation with people: "I'll have biscuits and gravy."
"How many biscuits?"
"Just one."
One the other hand, I love when foreign people ask for "shrimps."

Hilary (and I) have also noticed that after we list the soup options (including cream of broccoli soup), people often ask for the "broccoli and cheese soup."  Then Hilary hits them with the ladle and says "There's no cheese!"

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, Hilary can be vicious with a ladle. You know what a brilliant chef she is, (so is James *u* )

    ReplyDelete