Sunday, July 19, 2009

Hikes

Within a period of just over thirteen hours, I recently received emails from Aunt Nancy and both my parents asking when the next blog entry would be, so I suppose it's time for another update.

I have been on four hikes since our last chat.  The first was the day after Hilary's and my rowing adventure, when we and three friends decided to take an evening hike up Mount Washburn.  To our disappointment, the few clouds in the sky were in the west blocking the sunset. Nevertheless, the view from the Canyon area's highest peak was impressive and well-worth the relatively easy (for a mountain) climb.

The next morning, I left for a long daiye hike with Buddy while Hilary got some R&R.  We walked along Sky Rim, part of the northwest park boundary, traveling 21 miles and gaining over 3000 feet.  We had a beautiful panoramic view from the trail and encountered a herd of mountain goats near the high point of the rim: Bighorn Peak.

The following Monday (my "Wednesday"), I went for a little midweek hike up and down Bunsen Peak, where I had a good aerial view of Mammoth Hot Springs and pretty Mammoth area scenery.

Then, Hilary and I had yet another backpacking adventure on Thursday and Friday, which she will discuss in the coming days.


Also, I apologize for the lack of new photos - the internet here is like molasses, and flickr has not been cooperating.

No comments:

Post a Comment